Song of the Day

Last Flowers - Radiohead.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The place I live in has no 'Welcome' door mat.

Look closely at the background colour of this page. It is black, isn’t it? That’s for a reason of course and it’s not only that I have personal fetishes towards black. The only reason most web pages are not in black is because it will be expensive to print them out – but apart from that, it’s absolute expression. I want you to stare deep into it and imagine there are no words in white, no lines and outlines, no coloured thumbnail of Tinkerbell and no white bars of the explorer you are using. Can you do that? Are you doing it? Good.

Now, I want you to take this a little bit further. I want you to imagine this blackness filling your whole screen – yes, I am sorry you’ll have to interrupt any important navigation of other web pages or personal instant messaging windows. Have you done that? Great, we’re doing well. I will ask you another favour – I want you to put off any music for I want you to listen to the sound of this blackness. Yes, I know you can’t hear anything, but you will.

This is the hardest part, for you have to trust me on it a little bit. I know trust isn’t the easiest commodity people can share nowadays, but give me some – I mean how many blog posts have we known each other really? I want you to stretch your hands into this blackness of your screen. There… can you feel it? That blackness is liquid and you can listen to your hands playing with its viscousity. Now, stretch both hands and make them dripping with blackness. Make everything around you dirty, painted and smothered with this blackness. Don’t worry and be generous – the black paint will never ever run out. When you feel your hands are dry and the paint you are applying is not so generous, come back for more from your screen. Keep repeating, till everything around the room is black and you can’t see any light. Make sure you cover that light coming from underneath the door – it can ruin the whole thing, you know. Those tiny details – you have to pay attention to them, we don’t want any light around.

Are you there yet? It’s okay; there is no need to rush. I wouldn’t want to rush my first visitor.

Welcome home.

2 comments:

TinkeringMel said...

That was really depressing! But I believe it's written somewhere in the Book of Fairies that when a fairy loses her wand, she feels all bad and melancholic, and a surge of the black bile in her blood makes her see everything in black.

I think it's nothing to worry about. Maybe all you need is a new wand or a bottle of Prozac..:))

Hunnie Bunnie said...

lol, Amazing... hmmm and what a coincidence we have the same home but only in mine i have blue neon light instead. to dazzle the place ...