Song of the Day

Last Flowers - Radiohead.

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Intense.

What if I told you I have expanded my senses? True, true, I have managed to temporarily widen the radii of the senses I have - by means I don't wish to disclose.

I was able to see more than I usually see, in fact, my eyes have turned to cameras with good mechanical tripods and rotating reels. They could bring into focus those that deserve focus, like a Penelope Cruz coming from afar, only to find out that she's a woman as old as my parents but won't allow her wrinkles to affect the choices in her drawer. She has had her share of the two-camera screen, so the focus moved to a strolling family down the European kerb - it was a new visual game, how they remained in focus as I could still see other moving things in the background that are hazy and out of focus.

I have always been told that 7-UP, my current #1 drink on the cold-drinks charts, is made out of lemons. Honestly, I never spotted any resemblance between 7-UP and lemons, till I expanded the radius of my taste. What happened is that I could feel a half-circled sour lemon relaxing and tanning on the middle of my tongue after each sip I took from the soft drink can. I started looking into the 7-UP can and shaking it to see if there were any half lemons lying inside there... I even started wondering if I was unaware of the fact that I might be drinking tequila and forgot a half lemon inside my mouth - like most heavy tequila consumers would, but I found no lemons in my mouth either. Every sip I took was a complete sour-lemon peak.

There are very few things in life that I find orgasmic, and one of them is when I am able to feel the music with my heartbeat before I actually listen to it. I did that too. Every other beat coming out of those speakers sent a pulse to my heart, which in turn sent a tune to my ears. And that's how I expanded my listening, by feeding on the heart. The beat won't change, it won't speed, it won't become more intense - and unlike rock music, it won't reach a peak. It will remain the same, but with each repetition of it, I was sent further every time. It looped with the same beat, frequency, tone... but I was thrown further and pulled back to my starting point, like a basketball gaining speed in its player's hands. It didn't take long before I was in absolute trance, progressively moving from realm to realm.

I could feel more. I could feel each and every hair on my arm move with the soft breeze coming out of the air conditioner. It is very rare, because usually I don't feel hairs on my body moving every time I walk into an air conditioned place. This time, I could and it was tickling - very tickling. And there was nowhere to go, no matter how itchy it gets and how I move my hand on my skin, I was still tickled. It didn't take time before I started to enjoy it and smile as I was tickled.

I can't smell, really, so there was nothing to expand.

The experience was thrilling, being exposed to all of these changes simultaneously. I'd go there again... and again.

4 comments:

funhouse32 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
funhouse32 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
فادي انور said...

weed? did u smoke weed?

funhouse32 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.