Song of the Day

Last Flowers - Radiohead.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Of Horse Shoes and Graduation.

Please don`t misunderstand; I am not trying to make any metaphor between Albert Einstein and myself, yet I can`t get this story out of my mind.

“The student passes by Prof. Einstein’s office to find he has a horse shoe hung on his door. It is known that horse shoes hung on doors have something to do with good fortune. The student, surprised beyond belief, storms into his professor’s office and asks him:

Student: “Sir, I don`t assume you believe in such myths, do you?”

Einstein: “It doesn`t matter whether you believe in them or not. They do what they`re supposed to do anyways.””

So hey, everyone around me was so surprised how “cool” I am about things, how carefree and tranquil, even though I am surrounded by endless problems, spider webs, constraints and bullets on a to-do-list. It is needless to mention the details of those problems and how their consequences – let’s just say that my graduation was not a sure thing – are unbelievably tragic and severe. Yet, behind that serene face I kept, I had thinking machines that never ceased, planning gears that never paused, clocks and calendars that never forgot… Et voila, my graduation is pleasantly taking place on Thursday, and everything surrounding that mega event is put in its proper place in style and with great eloquence. However, I won`t contribute all of this to me… There has been constant great power, that I have felt and cannot name, that has been fitting the wind in my direction. And to this, will go my first graduation toast.

No comments: