Song of the Day

Last Flowers - Radiohead.

Monday, September 1, 2008

White-Collar Blabber.

Apparently, my silence is annoying a lot of people. Even my father, whom I’ve always thought goes into competitions of silence with dead fish – and eventually wins, can’t tolerate my silence. But what do I have to say? I don’t have anything to say to anyone, not even here, even though that’s supposedly an anonymous blog and all. In fact, I hate this blog, because all I ever blabber about lately is personal outbursts, and I have no fucking clue why are you here reading this. It’s bitter to admit it or write it down and then read it later. It highlights the fact I’ve already reached, that nobody has control over anything. Oh, I miss the good old days, when I thought and people thought I am a master of puppets and I am the control goddess that they look up to when they’re lost. No, that’s another lie, I don’t miss those days, and I wouldn’t want them to be back, no, no, not at all. I don’t want anyone to believe in me, it sets standards. And I fight standards now. I fight standards so hard, that if you saw them standards, you’ll find explicitly sadistic scars on its bloody face. I mean let’s face it, my greatest fear was mediocrity, now I don’t fear it anymore – I embrace it with devotion. There was once shining glamour inside my chest, which attracted travelling wanderers, and now it’s gone. There was once a business I led and my title was “The Dream Merchant”, but not anymore. And in mediocrity, I am lying around - in sloth and sweet laziness. At least, I admit it.

I pray my father stops getting annoyed with my silence… but that’s the maximum I can do about it.

2 comments:

Mohammad said...

as to me, a very recent reader of ur blog, I actually like it because it's personal. maybe that's why I really enjoy autobiographies (not recent ones though).
Silence is fine and everything, but too much silence is deadly, for it kills the soul somehow. at least here u can blabber on anything u like and nobody's the wiser..

keep on blabbering :)

Anonymous said...

I can see that you still think Ramamdan is bleak :)

I'm sure you'll do just fine. You're never mediocre ya Mona hanem! Whether you fear mediocrity or not, have high standards or not. This isn't some faith I've in you, faith requires a leap, it's rather something I know and have experienced, and I'm certain will always be there, no matter what you do or where you find yourself. But, anyway, what are you whining and bickering about? You have a whole life ahead of you. Also, it's very clear that you're really God little spoilt brat and He always looks after you. On the other hand, I believe that my great grandfather's name was Satan—or why else at the time I'm travelling to a city mighty hurricanes are threatening to drown it and probably by the time my plane lands in the States they'll be evacuating the city? It's a reception befitting only of Satan's grandson. This isn't the first time something like this happens to me, you know. So why not? I might as well be one of Satan's great grandsons.

But this Satan's grandson is travelling away in a day's time sad, baffled and confused; still not having a clue whether you love or despise him. But I guess I'm the one most used to your silence. But I don't mind, I actually liked the confusion and torture in a sort of masochistic pleasure. I just hope you know that this love is true and real (though obsessive and psycho at times, but what low price to pay for such great love); and that if you do love me like you once said then this is certainly not the end of the story.

It's true that what you've been writing lately have been personal outbursts and largely qualifies as big-time whining, but "marooned84" over here seems to like it (wink! wink! zabbat zabbat..)

بس عندك فكرة الهدية اللي بعتهالك كانت عبارة عن إيه؟ كانت عبارة عن العصا السحرية و التيارا بتوع تينكربل، و العصا السحرية كانت كمان بتنور! يعني كان ممكن تلعبي بيها في رمضان مع العيال الصغيرة، وحوي يا وحوي و فوانيس و كده... ده أنا كمان بعت جبتها من بره...يلا معلهش....بس كل اللي حصل ده كان كوم و إن أمك تشتغلني كان كوم تاني خالص......بس أنا أستاهل كل اللي حصل لي لأن أنا حمار و اشتغالة

Please, take it easy and be careful.