Song of the Day

Last Flowers - Radiohead.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Murk inside, murk outside.


“I am supposed to act like they aren’t here, assuming there is a ‘they’ at all. It may just be my imagination. Whatever it is, that’s watching… it’s not human. Unlike little dark-eyed Donna, it doesn’t ever blink. What does a scanner see? Into the head? Down into the heart? Does it see into me – into us – clearly or darkly? I hope it sees clearly because I can any longer see into myself. I see only murk. I hope for everyone’s sake the scanners do better. Because if the scanner sees only darkly, the way I do, then I’m cursed… and cursed again… and I’ll only wind up dead this way… knowing very little… and getting that little fragment… wrong… too.”


A Scanner Darkly - Philip K. Dick

5 comments:

Mohammad said...

Brilliant quote from a brilliant movie, and it's kinda what I am trying to run from these days, but with no scanners, only other people. did u just watch it or the quote crossed your mind?

monamahfouz said...

No, I just watched it two days ago.

Well, try to run away, I mean.. Just because you`re paranoid, doesn`t meant they`re not out there to get you :)

Mohammad said...

I AM trying, but I think I'll end up where he did :)

monamahfouz said...

Room #4G? :)

Mohammad said...

yeah, and the strange farm :)

don't u want to wear that strange suit, even for some time? to be completely unknown?