Song of the Day

Last Flowers - Radiohead.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Of Fish and Bourbon.

There is a bleak piece of furniture in the only room I can stay the night in these days, which I fail to recognize what it is called. It has four drawers and two compartments where I put all my stuff and I don’t order any of them. Ordered stuff get on my nerves, I mess up my clothes whenever I find them tidy to tell you the truth. If I get into a girl friend’s house and find her clothes ordered according to colour and her shoes according to heels, I secretly declare she’s not a friend anymore. There are a lot of items on that piece of furniture, that I don’t recognize what they’re called, ranging from stuff that I use daily like slim perfume containers and black-framed eyeglasses all the way to shoe boxes that have items inside their hollow stomachs, that I never use. I know you’ve noticed how I’ve remembered the perfume and the glasses, but I like to pretend I forget things. It is a newly acquired habit, for when I actually forget things; I can always blame it on my fish memory. For example, I can save the guilt trips I am forcibly injecting into myself today for forgetting the card I was given by the most important salt-n-pepper haired man in a multinational corporate, on my fish memory that I convince myself I have… but that’s another story.

There is a bleak piece of furniture in my room and the only reason it exists is for a half empty bottle of JnB to sit on.

I get home and that’s all I can stare at.

I travel the distance between my bed and the piece of furniture. I raise a shot. I raise a second. Now I can get back to bed harmlessly and safely. I can get back and convince my body to sleep and beg my mind not to think of today. I don’t want to think of today nor any other day. There are things I have to forget like how I know things are getting from bad to worse, from expected failure to utter failure, from temporary safe to permanent hollow and from phases of vulnerable to classic modeling of lonely.

Years down the line, I might not have a room which I know I shall stay the night in nor the cash to afford proper bourbon. However, I wish I can still depend on bleak pieces of furniture having a cheap bourbon bottle on top and my earned fish memory.

2 comments:

Lashiper Ciarag said...

"Of shoe boxes and bourbon bottles"?

Are things going from bad to worse?
How can you know!? are you God?..ok if you are God tell me where the fuck is my beach buggy??!..I want my beach buggy..now!

I say stop drinking (just my opinion that u never asked for thus it's not meant to be taken)

I say Pray (" " " " " " ")..

and well, If you did, start with thanks and praises, and typically you'll thank for things that make you feel good.and if you can`t find any then kill yourself or hire someone to kill you.

Otherwise, if you found any (i hope-wish and pray you can)
Then pray for those who matter for you the most.For their health, welfare and true wealth, for their happiness.and remember that among those who you just prayed for are those whose definition of happiness is you and yours.
Pray for those in need, the sick and poor and unhappy.remember these are thoughts that might bring some morbidness so don`t swim in them too deep.
Pray for tomorrow, the future, that broad space and time that u did`nt come near.May it be less turbulent for all and everyone.Pray and ask God to bring happiness to others and to bring it through you.
Last,pray for the knots that make u unhappy to be untied.

And thank god for your good memory with which you can remember aaaaalll those people you care for.
You won`t be able to do so with a fish memory.God bless you memory, God bless your beautiful mind and forehead.

After such a prayer u'll be very tired and u'll instantly fall asleep and maybe that's how you can realy dodge the things that make you feel bad.

Don`t feel lonely.When you are so i feel worthless(boom-boom).

www.tadwina.com said...

مرحباً
لقد قام أحد المعجبين بمدونتك بإضافتها إلى تدوينة دوت كوم، بيت المدونات العربية.

قام فريق المحررين بمراجعة مدونتك و تصنيفها و تحرير بياناتها، حتى يتمكن زوار الموقع و محركات البحث من إيجادها و متابعتها.
يمكنك متابعة مدونتك على الرابط التالى:
http://www.tadwina.com/feed/591

يمكنك متابعة باقى مدونات تدوينة دوت كوم على الرابط التالى:
http://www.tadwina.com

لعمل أى تغييرات فى بيانات مدونتك أو لإقتراح مدونات أخرى لا تتردد فى الإتصال بنا من خلال الموقع.

و لكم جزيل الشكر،

فريق عمل تدوينة دوت كوم.
http://www.tadwina.com